The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mom of the Year!

When I came home from work this past Tuesday... I was dawg tired.  The night before we came in from South La around 11pm.     I was feeling it.    Jake had a dental appt at 3 and then we went home.   Did I mention how tired I was?   It was my birthday and I only wanted one thing .. a NAP!

So, I got just that.   I let Jake to go ahead and go play at his friend's house. (normally he'd have to get homework done first, but a tired Mommy makes for a poor 8th grade math helper)

I woke up at 6pm.  Ordered pizza for dinner and called Jake to come home.  After eating, came homework time.


But now... Jake was whining...  "I don't feel good"   "My stomach hurts"
Me: Jake... you felt well enough to go play.
Jake: But, I really DO feel sick.
Me: Jake, do your work.  I'm serious.
Jake (in a high pitched whine):  But, my stomach hurts and I feel sick.  You don't even believe me.
Me: I'm done.  I'll be back when you stop complaining and are ready to get your work done.
(I make a semi-dramatic exit and pull the door with a bit of force... not slam though)   As I'm walking away I hear fluid spill, splash and gurgling noises, followed by, "Moooooooom!" 

Yup... he puked.   All over his bed, the textbook, the floor and a few minutes later in the hallway.

Mom of the year, I tell ya.  
(reminds me of the time I made him push a wheelbarrow with a broken arm...  but that's another story)

No comments:

Post a Comment