The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Honor your mother and your father

        I never called my Mom names.  Or cussed at her?????   I did sass her in my teens some, it was a short lived phase (due to her right palm on my left cheek).   If she called with a request, I handled up on it.    When she needed a "Jo-fix", I went and picked her up.   I'm not bragging on me.  THIS is how we should treat our parents.

        My mom never called me names.  She never degraded me.   She was there when I needed her.  I see so many parent-child relationships struggling...   I'm here to tell you life IS short.   I miss her.   But, I've found.. no one can hurt me like my own child.   Thank goodness neither of them make that a goal of theirs... to hurt me. 

        When someone keeps hurting you, you're left no choice but to shut them out and the relationship down.   It's self preservation.   And if you hurt me, I will cut you out of my life like the brown stuff on a ripe banana.    Gone.    Life is too prescious to waste on toxic relationships.   I won't be held emotionally hostage.   

No, I don't have a personal relationship that I'm referring to.   I'm just observing a lot of kids mistreating and sitting in judgement of their parents.   I'm amazed.    At the disrespect.   Mom just didn't bring me up like that.    It was "yes ma'am, no sir and I'll get it for you".      We've lost that.   Now I sound like an old lady...lol    But it's true... we've lost our way.  

What I wouldn't give to hug my Mom and tell her thank you for teaching me how to treat other human beings...

1 comment:

  1. I love this one Jo,it would be a great place to live if we could all say that. I can, having the best Mom & Dad in the world.How I wish I could have just a short chat with them to say Thank you.

    ReplyDelete