The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Monday, August 9, 2010

What's with the Name Calling?

"JoJo the Dog Face Girl"  
What does that mean?
That doesn't sound good Jo.
I don't get it.
You're not a dog face.
Where did that come from?

Answer:
P.T. Barnum's Freak Act.   He was a Russian boy with hypertrichosis named Fedor Jeftichew. 
However his stage name was Jo-Jo The Dog Face Boy.  

My family... has a warped sense of humor (yes... I'm pretty sure it's genetic)
So, as a little girl.. they would tease me and call me JoJo the Dog Face Girl.

They had this little chant:
"JoJo The Dog Face Girl, she walks, she talks, she crawls on her belly like a reptile"

To which I would react appropriately by running to my Mommy and tattle telling on them all!




Besides... I'm thinking if I really was a dog face... I'd be a pug.

1 comment:

  1. We have a little dog named Daisy, and we call her Daisy the dog-faced girl after the song by Annette Funicello. When Daisy rolls over, we sing the lines of the song, 'And she rolled on the floor like a Pekingese.' Here is the song:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUeO876XMqg

    By the way, do you know there's a family in Italy whose male members have the same condition as the real Jo-Jo the dog-faced boy?

    ReplyDelete