The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

photos by jo L.L.C.

I know, right!

I've been toying with this idea for a while...   actually making a small company out of my photography obsession.   After much thought, I've decided to try it out as a limited liability company.   

I also realize this will be more about my friends and their friends.   And offering a good deal to those I care about, and those they care about.   I'm not looking for a 2nd career... just a way to feed my hobby. 


My plan is this:

I can charge a small amount to help cover my costs.   ($50 session fee)
Only do on-site photo sessions (like parks, river front, etc)
Events would be negotiated (but very cheap)
Reinvest everything back into equipment.
This is a way to indulge my guilty pleasure (photography).
I will gain experience in taking the pictures and digitally working with the images.

Here's the BEST part:
I GIVE ALL the photos to the owners on a disc.  
I know, I know.. not very business savvy of me!!   

But, but, but.... I've purchased photo packages both ways.   I've bought the expensive photo packages and walked away not knowing if I should have picked another one.  And as a Mom... leaving adorable pictures of my kid behind... it ain't easy baby!     And I've also experienced a package deal where I was given the CD and a waiver to full printing rights.    (a waiver won't be needed until i get my logo finished)   I left there feeling ahead instead of behind.

 *** with that being said... I'll gladly guide people to websites that make
           quality prints.   but this is the digital age!                   

Photo books are a little different.  I don't mind (for a small fee) making the book.   I know Seniors really like to have them.   To be done correctly... it takes hours, but I enjoy working on them.  And again... this is ONLY if you want one.  I make a bad salesperson. 

I'm kind of excited about kicking this off.   I know my price is reasonable.  $50 and all the images are yours...  (and I separate the images into two files... those I've worked on and those straight from the camera)

I took this beautiful young lady's Senior pictures this past weekend. 
Now... HERE is the catch.. it's only $50 if I can use the images on my "photos by jo" FB page (I will not tag you, but feel free to tag yourself in those images), this blog and website (soon to come).     If you'd like to have pictures taken and not let me share... It'll be $75.  See?  I can be tough if I need to be.

I'm still working on the website details... there are a few directions to go with it... and I haven't settled on one.  

But pleeeeeeeeease click on my Facebook "photos by jo" page and "like" it.   It makes me feel popular.   I'm needy like that.    I'm going to add more pictures and photography sections to it.

BUT... I am now president of a company. 
You may now address me as "Mrs. DogFace"!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment