The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Monday, September 13, 2010

"I forgive you"

Mom & Me in 2000
My mom is ALL about Birthdays and holidays.   She called me three times this week telling me she was sending Jake his birthday card in the mail.   (a wee bit obsessive at times) Today, she called asking was Jake home or at his dad's house.

Me: He's home... I'm headed there now.
Mom: OK, his card should be in the mail today.   I hope it's in time.
Me: I'm sure it will be, It can't take 2 weeks for it to go 2 miles.
Mom: I want him to have it today for his birthday.
Me: Mom, Jake's birthday is on the 23rd.
Mom: I know.
Me: Today is the 13th.
Mom: Oh... I thought today was the 23rd!
Me: No Ma'am... (chuckling with her).
Mom: Ok...  well... I forgive you.
Me: You forgive me?
Mom: yes... I forgive you.
Me: For?
Mom: having him 10 days late...
Me: I love you.
Mom: I love you.  I gotta go (she was still chuckling at herself)

Mother's Day 2009

She makes me smile.   Much.    

I love it when she leaves a message for me to call her.     Then when I return her call, she asks ME what I want.    lol

No comments:

Post a Comment