The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sunny Side UP!!!

My husband is a great son-in-law, and I do mean a GREAT son-in-law.

Well... about 6 years ago... Mom when she was adjusting to the the nursing home,  some evenings I'd go pick her up to stay the night with us.   She prefers her own bed now and won't come for a night.   Now, Mom will straight up tell me when she wants to go "home".    At the time, she was adjusting to a different life and had just had her third stroke... and was also adjusting to medications, her diet, etc,.. being managed.   She went through a period that she preferred to wear diapers just to "be safe".   

On one of her overnight visits, Ron got to see a whole new side to Mom.
   
My version:   I was in a deep sleep and all of a sudden I feel my husband LEAP into the bed.   I'm a really good sleeper... like REALLY good sleeper.   So I returned to my deep REM sleep.

His version: (side note: my husband only sleeps with ALL lights off.   complete darkness)  He wakes to the hall light on and hears the TV in the living room.  As he walks through the house... every light is on in the hallway and living room, the TV is blaring loud.    He sees my Mom standing in the living room with her back to him.  He was about to say,"Audrey, are you OK?"   However, what happened next....lol... stopped him.      It was at this point that Mom bent forward, tossed the tail end of her gown over her back and pulled up her diaper FROM AROUND HER ANKLES!!!  Sunny Side Up, BABY!!!!    My husband.... has never been the same.  Never.    He didn't say a word and DOVE into our bed... leaving all the houselights on.   I'm not sure he slept at all that night.
LOL.. and iffen ya know me, ya know I found this FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!

Just last night there was a scene in a show ("Raising Hope"... hilarious show, reminds me of "My Name is Earl"...classy, like that), and they referenced how grandma's always taking her shirt off in public.   I immediately start laughing... he tells me it's not funny, curled himself into the fetal position and begins rocking himself.   Me, being the loving wife that I am... laughed harder.

Poor feller... the image haunts him.  We finally told Mom about it a couple years ago... and she too had to laugh about it.

The man's a GREAT son-in-law.  I promise you.
Remind me to tell ya'll the story that goes with him reminding me, "Well, I blew out my left *** putting your Mom in the truck on the trip the Kansas City".   I fear I'll be hearing that one when we're 80yrs old rocking on the porch.   LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment