The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

some me & mom time

Mom's back at the nursing home.  All better.  A bit weaker for the trip..  but breathing is good.  

 (Ya see... Sunday morning in the hospital,  she fell... on her face.  Broke nose, huge bruise on her head and a busted lip)   She was looking rough... and sick and now hurt.    So when she asked for some nail polish remover... I figured I'd go pamper her a bit.   I went and gave her a manicure.

(and yes... I did my "nail lady" voice... just a note.. the humor of this voice is lost if you're half deaf)

me: "you pick culla"  
mom:"huh?"
me (much louder and without the accent): "Mom... pick a color".

So she picked one of the shades of pink... (I left all my hoochie red shades at home... I save those for special occassions, like cruises or weekends without kids)

I nipped her skin when clipping her nails... ugh!   (Did I mention I'm not a professional manicurist?)  
me:" I'm sorry...  I nicked you... just let me finish it"
mom:"finish?  finish cutting my finger off?"
(she was smiling when she said it though...lol)

Mom and I have one subject, we do NOT discuss.   Politics.  Usually.   Its the ONLY time we disagree on things... or come close to being snippy with each other.  

Ofcourse as I'm doing her manicure, the election coverage was on.   She was bummed about not getting to vote.  (Cause she would have voted for Cedric Glover...  ummmm she lives in Bossier)  lol

 Mom (and most the family) are democrats.  I are not.  When I told her I'd registered as a republican (when I was 18yrs old), she said (in all seriousness),"Do not tell your grandma you are a republican, it'll kill her"
Anyway... while I painted her nails pink, my mom and I discussed politics.    (I'd have voted for Glover too... to her surprise... and She'd have swung to the Republican side on Senate & the house)  No disagreement.   Go figure.

For the record... grandma died of heart failure... and not because she found out I was a heathen conservative.

No comments:

Post a Comment