The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Do I need to ask for a psych consult?

My mom is a wonderful woman.  She's kind and loving and when I was a child... her world revolved around me.    She's in a nursing home and occassionally has spells where she gets sick enough to go to the ER and usually is admitted to the hospital.  Today, was one of those days.  The good news is she's ok.    This kind and loving woman... can be a wee (sometimes alot) unreasonable when sick.   But it is my job to point these things out to her... and make her laugh (or not).

The ER is semi-private with curtains between the patients... they were pulled a bit around to block her view of the hall (as they should be for HIPPA purposes, etc,..)

Mom: That curtain is bothering me!
Moi: Bothering you?
Mom: Yea, it is bothering me.
Moi: Mom the curtain's not talking to you is it?   Do I need to ask for a
             psych consult?
Mom (chuckling): NO!  It's not talking.  It's just bothering me.
Moi: Want me to have a little talk with the curtain?
Mom (chuckling):  No... but it IS bothering me.
Moi: Can you be more specific Mom?   I'm thinking a psych consult isn't
             out of the question here...
Mom (still chuckling): It's the way it's hanging.
Moi: Mom... I'll pull the curtain back so you can see the hallway.
Mom: That would be better.
Moi (smiling at Mom, while pulling the curtain): All you had to say was
              you wanted the curtain pulled back.
Mom: But it was bothering me.
Moi: I love you.
Mom: I love you, Baby.

Mom's going to a med-surg floor, not psych... THIS time.

2 comments:

  1. Bring her some of my gumbo, she will feel much better. Tell her that her favorite son-in-law is thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was hungry as a hostage and very grateful.
    She said thanks... between bites. lol

    ReplyDelete