The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Friday, August 6, 2010

Is a good thing I'm worth more alive...than dead.

(yes.. I already know I'm weird)

I've have been researching historic cemeteries in the area.  Unfortunaly they are all located in the hood.   More than any, I want to go photograph The Oakland Cemetery on Sprague Street.     It's so deep in the ghetto, thugs are skeered to go there.    But, there... in the worst neighborhood in town... in what was once the edge of Shreveport is a beautiful historic cemetery, The Oakland Cemetery.    And I'm SOOOO EAGER to photograph it.  

My husband has agreed to chaperone me to the bottoms so I can fulfil my artistic desires.  THAT is love..  or so I thought.

Him: I'll go ahead and take you down there tomorrow. 
Me: Awwww!  Thanks. I knew you loved me.
Him: Yeah, well..l. I figure you're worth more alive to me than dead.   So It'd be best if you don't go get yourself killed down there.

True Love, I tell ya.

2 comments:

  1. If you should get the chance, the cemetery at Old Washington State Park (right near Hope, AR)is gorgeous and peaceful and amazing.

    It's sort of down in a hollow and you see nothing but cemetery and woods.

    Can't wait to see your pics! (assuming you live to upload them, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check that out. I also want to spend sometime in the cemeteries in New Orleans taking pictures. I learned so much today and enjoyed myself.

    ReplyDelete