The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Role Reversal

Mom is sick again tonight.  
The nursing home calls, and I meet the ambulance at the ER and sit with her.   
We've done this a few times now.  
And everytime... she says, "Baby, you don't have to wait up here with me"
And we all know that... OFCOURSE I DO!   

This is my mom.

This is the woman that took care of me when I was sick as a child.

The woman that sat for hours in the LSU waiting room with my head in her lap and she stroked my hair as I cried with chronic ear infections.  (Those chairs were hard, cold multicolored plastic... ugh)  She'd tell me she loved me.

After every LSU visit, I'd get a vanilla milkshake.

This woman always got my medication delivered from Lewis drugs and I got a 6pack carton of 6oz bottled cokes, color book and crayons... each time.

These things seem small.. esp to kids that are use to McDonalds once a week and treats all the time.  But to me... they were a huge deal.

So when my mom calls me for some Diet Root Beers, crossword puzzles or some other request (there have been some odd ones..lol).  I hop to it.

And when she's laying on an emergency room stretcher trying to breath better...  I'm there.    Trying to make her feel better...  I stroke her hair... and tell her I love her.    

                                                Turn about is fair play.

No comments:

Post a Comment