The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Can I just brag about my day?

This morning Jake and I went to chimp haven... enjoyed using my zoom lens and photographing the chimps.   If you don't know.. it's a "retirement center" for chimpanzees that have been used in lab testing.   No biggie, these chimps just helped scientists discover diabetic medications, HIV treatments, etc,...  Some were rescue chimps from being illegally kept as a pet.     These chimps were given these diseases so that WE, the people would have treatment.   So I'm all for them having a place to relax after all they've been through in their life.   The facilities are nicer than when I went a few years ago.   Nice improvements.   That time, Mom went with Jake and I... she was as in awe as a 4yr old kid!   :)  Go to http://chimphaven.org/ to find out more.   The video on the home page explains what all they do for the chimps there. 

On the way home we stopped by the Northwest Louisiana Veterans cemetery.  I think it's important for Jake to see how many people gave their time to this country.   To never take our military for granted.   And remember that they do this voluntarily... sacrifice so much for  Americans to live safer.


                After gassing up (OMG! I wish my truck ran on whole milk, at least it's cheaper) and washing the truck, Jake and I went to the Boardwalk and  in search of lunch.   Jake didn't want to go to the Italian place...   I was surprised, because I knew he liked that food.   Finally, he admitted it was because he was afraid it would make me think of my mom (she loved Italian).   He said "if you DO think of her.. think of happy times".   What a deep kid, huh?   

We did some shopping, went to Bass Pro Shop (love,love that place) then went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie (yes... it was good).  

Since then, I've come home, posted my chimp pics and grocery shopped.   I'm tired.   BUT... not exhausted.   It occurred to me today, months ago... I couldn't have done so much in one day.  I physically couldn't have done it and after Mom passed, I emotionally couldn't have done so much.    So, yeah.. I had a great Mom and son day.   When he was little, we called them "dates".    He won't let me call it that now...lol.    After a fun day with Jake, I come home to my honey, my heart...my hero.

       I'm grateful for so much in my life.   A husband that loves me and spoils me a bit (ok.. a lot!), kids that are progressing... My Jake to high school, Ryan to 2nd level on nursing school, Blake earns his first degree in December, Jenn's doing well.. (miss Matt a bunch.. a whole bunch) and a wonderful work family.   But I thought of Mom too... like Jake told me.. I thought of happy thoughts. How lucky am I?  To have even had her... to have had her devotion all those years?   God must like me.  :)   Cause he blessed me from birth. (not that God doesn't like you if you had a crappy parent...lol.. I'm only bragging about my mom...lol)  

And to top it all off.. the world didn't even end today! (yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment