The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Monday, May 30, 2011

Love to go see Ron's family in South Louisiana

This is usually a street.
The water was up...   10ft above normal in the Atchafalaya River.  You can see the river from my in-laws house.   But this past weekend.. the seawall blocked the view.    The good news is the seawalls and the levees have held up.    We went to the Berwick seawall to see the view.



The Aychafalaya River was swollen and rapid.   
 The birds were hitching rides on the debris.   Whole trees, root ball and all, floated by.   Many were visiting the seawall on both sides of the river, Morgan City and Berwick.


We went for a drive and saw the various ways people were protecting their land.     I love South Louisiana.  It is a unique place.  Love hearing the accent of an older cajun men in the Pierre Part store discussing how the fishing is going.    I am so glad the levees have held.  

My in-laws live in Berwick.   They are genuine, good people.   They have worked hard all their lives and raised their kids.   And now they work with ceramics and... enjoy retirement.    The backyard is a wonderland.  plants.... flowers, vegetable garden, ceramic charaters here and there, antiques, and a windmill here and there.   Jake likes it there.   So do I.   It's a calm place, their back yard.  
With everything going on this past year, we haven't been there since last September.  We went for the 2010 Shrimp and Petroleum Festival...  I blogged about it here http://jojothedogfacegirl.blogspot.com/2010/09/shrimp-petroleum-festival.html .     That's the longest we've gone without going home to see everyone since we've been married.   I had major withdrawels.    Something about down there.. I can't describe... but it just feels like home.   
We also got to see Jennifer's family.    Sooooooo love my grandson.    He's so smart and witty.    And handsome.

I'm ready to go back already.

No comments:

Post a Comment