The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Friday, May 13, 2011

"Ray, I'm not sure she should join the Air Force because she lost a bet"


We were at Bass Pro Shop last night.   The guy in line in front of us was from Germany.    Our cashier, Ray was about 18 years old.  A young, handsome kid with a cute personality. Ray wanted to talk to the German about recruiting for the Air Force.   He kept asking the guy about recruiting for the Air Force and why was he here visiting our base.   The German guy was confused as to why the checkers was asking him for his zip code, much less how to join the American Air Force.   Ray had a cute personality, but he didn't "get it".   Ron had the "look" on his face.   lol    just knew he was about to bust this kids chops, bubble, something... if this conversation kept going in circles with them too. 

I finally said, "Ray... This man may be here in our country for some top secret sh*t and you're blowing his cover".     Eveeryone laughed (the German understood THAT sentence..lol) and they wrapped up the purchase.    Our items were on sale on the internet, but not in the store, so we had to wait for the manager to approve the alternate pricing.   While waiting, Ray explained to me that him and his girlfriend want to join the Air Force.

I asked Ray, "So, you BOTH want to join the Air Force?"    He says, well, I do... I'm making her"   Huh?  "Well, she lost a bet.." I said, " Oh.. well that should work out well".   Ray says, "yeah, it will" (sarcasm completly lost on him).    I said ,"Ray, I'm not sure she should join the Air Force because she lost a bet".   He says,"Well, I bet her when she'd graduate school and I won" I liked this kid.   My husband just sits there and and shakes his head at me teasing this kid.    I said," Ray, are you in school?"  ( I liked over-using his name like a car salesman does...ha ).   He said,"yeah I start in a few weeks" I said,"college?" He said,"Well.... college... slash... other stuff".    I said,"Ray.... you know community service don't count as college, huh?"     He laughed and assured me it wasn't community service.   Then he clarified that it was a GED class.   I laughed and said, "It's ok I'm a GED girl, too.   I'm from Cedar Grove, 72nd street, but, then I went to college.."      He says,"East or West?" (Now... only someone from the Grove knows what this means)  I said "West".    He then lets me know that I live around the corner from him... I got tickled and said, "No Ray, I'm 'from' there.. I don't live there. Thats why you get your GED and go to school or join the Air Force... so you can live where you don't have bars on the window"   He laughed and said," I like my neighborhood".    I said, "Ray... the operative word there is 'hood'".    We left Ray still laughing. I liked this kid.. and his desire to join the Air Force and complete his education. He had ambition and goals (even though his gf is joining the Air Force on a lost bet...). Ray has a future.   

My husband lets me know as we leave,"Ray had enough trouble checking us out without you jacking with him".    HA!    I can't help it.  I like people.   I won't even tell you about me flirting with the 90 yr old man I'd flirted with just 30 minutes prior to meeting Ray.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment