The Number of Visits to JoJo The Dog Face Girl's BlogSpot

Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm a Dog People. I know.

I've become one of THOSE people. 
You know THOSE people. 
 The DOG people.
Talking about my animals like they are children.

Now, here's the thing... 10, 20 years ago.  I didn't "get" those people.  I'd never bonded with an animal.  All my dogs were outside animals and although I cared about them... I never had that bond.    I never understood how I could be talking about my children and someone would tell a DOG story in response.    

Speedy

Then came Speedy.   When I began dating my husband, he had a chihauhau named Speedy.    She fell in love with me after he brought her over once.  (I fell in love with her as well....)    And after I came to the house, she'd sit there waiting for me.    I loved her much.      When she passed away...   (A larger dog bit her.... she was so little, that was all it took) I cried harder than when my grandmother died.  But, then again, grandma didn't sit in my lap everynight while I watched TV.     For a couple weeks, Relode would go stare at the ground where Speedy died.  THAT did not help.   It's only been in the past couple of years I can say her name without choking up (most times anyway).  I can't explain it.  Only had her a couple of years.   But.. the bond. 

I have 3 dogs.... I know I take pictures of over and over .... and talk about their every move.   But.. my Speedy... is where my love of dogs truly began.    When I opened my heart to something not human. 
When I became one of THOSE people. 
 A dog people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment